- 2 years of verifiable residency indicating no outstanding debt to the previous landlord, you must provide written release.
- No prior evictions, judgments, collections, liens, or violations from previous landlords in the past 5 years.
- Positive references from all previous landlords.
- Income must be 3x the rent amount, 4x or 5x preferred.
- Rent amount must be less than 40% of household monthly income minus monthly expenses.
- Employment: You must have current, verifiable employment and two years’ employment history, unless self-employed.
- No criminal history. That is, no prior convictions for felonies that have “activity” within the past 7 years, especially (but not limited to) assault, violent crimes, drug related or sexual offenses. “Activity” can include court, probation, parole, payment of restitution, required registration, etc. Some misdemeanors may possibly disqualify as well.
- All prospective tenants over the age of 18 must submit an application and pay a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- All applicants must provide a current government issued ID. SSN, pay stubs or other proof of income, and other necessary documents may be required to run proper reports during the screening process.
- Within 3 days of lease signing, applicants must provide valid payment of 1st month’s rent, full security deposit, and any applicable pet deposits or fees. Funds must clear before keys are given.
- Credit score of 600 or above.
*Note: Sonder Property Management does not accept co-signers.
The following will result in immediate denial of application:
- Felony or criminal history of any applicant in the household.
- Poor reference from a previous landlord.
- Incomplete or False information on an application.
- Failure to pay application fee.
- Refusal to authorize review of credit report and criminal history.
- Bankruptcy in the last 5 years that has not been discharged or released
- Outstanding federal tax lien, the repayment terms of which are not current
- Lack of credit history
- Unable to verify SSN
- Unable to verify sufficient income
Sonder Property Management has a fiduciary duty to the home owners it represents. Applications are considered on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. In the event that there is more than one qualified applicant for the same property, the most “highly qualified” and “best fit” for the homeowner will be chosen.
Applicants should satisfy any concerns regarding sex offenders in any area where they might consider residing. This information is available free of charge at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/index.aspx
Applicants are responsible for verifying schools and square footage.
Sonder Property Management strictly adheres to all Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing Laws. Decisions to approve or deny applicants are not based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, or disabilities.
Interested in applying for one of our properties? Check out our Application Process.